DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY
"I want to grant a complete pardon to the souls that will go to confession and
receive Holy Communion on the Feast of My mercy"
Seven Ways to Fittingly Observe the Feast of Mercy
To fittingly observe the feast of Mercy, we should:
- Celebrate the feast on the Sunday after Easter
- Sincerely repent of all our sins
- Place our complete trust in Jesus
- Go to Confession sometime between the beginning of Lent and Divine Mercy Sunday
- Receive Holy Communion on the day of the feast
- Venerate the image of the Divine Mercy
- Be merciful to others, through our actions, words, and prayers on their behalf.
“...I demand from you deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for me.
You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not
shrink from this or try to excuse or absolve yourself from it.” (Diary, 742)